Top Ten Tuesday–Books I Recommend Most

toptentuesday2
 
hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
 
 
Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most
 
I usually recommend books to people based on what they like, so I end up recommending books that aren’t necessarily my favorites, but would appeal to people under other conditions. (Like Life of Pi. I recommend that book all of the time even though I cannot stand it.) But here are some of my favorites that I also end up recommending all of the time.


1. Lunangelique series by Kristin R. Campbell. As an awesome indie YA paranormal romance. I always recommend this to fans of YA romance because it’s such a great story.

157158181585345115853454


2. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. For teenagers everywhere and adults who want a good reminder and a punch to the gut. Absolutely amazing contemporary novel. Yes, I picked this over all of the John Green books I’ve read because I think everyone NEEDS to read this book, especially girls.

6482837


3. Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. For fans of brilliant writing with a ton of cool concepts. Everyone needs a little bit of Palahniuk’s writing, I think, so I frequently recommend this book.

5759


4. The Taker and The Reckoning by Alma Katsu. As a dark and horrifying paranormal story. It’s absolutely enchanting. I usually recommend it if someone is looking for paranormal romance without the romance and without resorting to straight horror or dealing with tons of romance.

1151691513091829
 
 
5. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. For fans of YA urban fantasy with romance, adventure, and awesomeness. I recommend this book to fans of Harry Potter and YA paranormal romance like Twilight as a great example of a combination of those elements.

25668315829963777732
 
 
6. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. For the amazing writing and character building in YA fiction. I fell in love with her writing and was thoroughly impressed. I recommend this usually as a good example of why YA books aren’t immature or always focused on romance and sometimes better written than many adult books.

13449693
 
 
7. Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. As a MUST READ dystopian novel. I’m not the kind of person who is all like, “You’re not a true fan if…” or “You can’t like ____ unless you’ve…” but I do think Fahrenheit 451 is a must read for book lovers everywhere and also for fans of the YA dystopians that usually have romance. Fahrenheit 451 has no romance, but it serves a purpose and adds to the whole I’m-completely-alone-in-my-thoughts feeling that the main character goes through. It’s a lot easier to read than 1984 (which can be a lot to get through if you’re used to emotions running wild in YA dystopian books). But it’s a wonderful book.

12410450
 
 
8. Divergent by Veronica Roth. For fans of dystopians, it’s a great example of a complex and well written YA dystopian with romance. It was so well done.

13335037
 
 
9. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath. I always recommend this book. It struck a chord with me in high school for some reason and it’s always been one of my absolute favorites. The narrative is so haunting and just… amazing.

410276
 
 
10. The Giver by Lois Lowry. Another MUST READ dystopian novel. For the same reasons I recommend Fahrenheit 451.

3636

Labels: ,