Review–Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas

18006496

Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4)

by Sarah J. Maas

Summary: Everyone Celaena Sardothien loves has been taken from her. But she's at last returned to the empire—for vengeance, to rescue her once-glorious kingdom, and to confront the shadows of her past . . .
She will fight for her cousin, a warrior prepared to die just to see her again. She will fight for her friend, a young man trapped in an unspeakable prison. And she will fight for her people, enslaved to a brutal king and awaiting their lost queen's triumphant return.
Celaena’s epic journey has captured the hearts and imaginations of millions across the globe. This fourth volume will hold readers rapt as Celaena’s story builds to a passionate, agonizing crescendo that might just shatter her world.


Source: I preordered a Kindle copy

Add to Goodreads

Review:

Queen of Shadows was the best book in the series so far and it was amazing! It was emotional, adventurous, epic, awesome, dark, magical, romantic, and powerful. I thoroughly enjoyed it and it was worth every minute of the torturous wait for it to release.

Celaena became her true self in this novel. She was fierce and she did not forget Ardalan, her friends there, or her promise to Nehemiah. She was as cunning as she needed to be in order to exact revenge, line up the factors and pawns in her plan, and save the people she cared about from the wrath of the King of Ardalan.

I was shocked by so many revelations in the book. So many things went wrong, but others went exactly as planned. Celaena had friends to combat with who didn’t trust the person she became. She had friends taken over by Valg demons and princes, threatening to destroy the soul of the people she loved. It was heart wrenching and amazing to see her make the difficult choices to formulate a plan to do the impossible.

If I didn’t already love this series, Queen of Shadows cemented my love for it by delivering everything I could have ever wanted. While some things came to a close and I feel satisfied to a degree, I realize that this is FAR from being over and Celaena isn’t ready to relax just yet. There is so much she still needs to do and I can’t wait for the next installment. This series is just absolutely incredible.

Sarah J. Maas has quickly climbed to the top of my favorite authors list and I know her next installments to this series, as well as her other series, will only continue to wow me.

Guys… this is a must read. It’s dark, magical, adventurous, and just amazing. I can’t imagine anyone not fully enjoying it, unless you can’t stomach any sort of blood or violence (which I know some readers are like and they just refuse to read books with violence of any kind, but I admit, I’m not really sure what on earth people like that even read or bother with.)

READ THIS SERIES! I haven’t felt so completely amazed and sated by a book series in such a long time. I will definitely reread these, which is a rare occurrence for me. I can’t wait for the next two books!

5%25252520star

Labels: , ,