Review - Bound by Flames (Night Prince #3) by Jeaniene Frost

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/16173427-bound-by-flames

 
Bound by Flames (Night Prince #3)
 
by Jeaniene Frost

Summary: Play with fire, pay the price.

Leila’s years on the carnie circuit were certainly an education. What she didn’t learn: how to be a vampire, or how to be married to the most famous vampire of them all. Adjusting to both has Leila teetering on a knife edge between passion and peril, and now the real danger is about to begin…

Vlad must battle with a centuries-old enemy whose reach stretches across continents and whose strength equals his own. It isn’t like Vlad to feel fear, but he does…for Leila, because his enemy knows she is Vlad’s greatest weakness. As friend and foe alike align against him—and his overprotectiveness drives Leila away—Vlad’s love for his new bride could be the very thing that dooms them both…


Add to Goodreads

Source: I purchased a kindle copy.

Review:

Bound by Flames was fun and full of adventure like the first two books., so I enjoyed it. It felt like a conclusion, but I think there are more books in this spin off series coming out. and there is certainly room for more books in the plot The series so far has made me want to read the main series, Night Huntress, which is more urban fantasy than this spin off, or so it seems.

While I enjoyed Bound by Flames, I did not like how repetitive the plot was. How many times can Leila be kidnapped by Vlad's enemies and skate through and be saved without any lasting harm? How many times is Leila going to disobey Vlad and whine about his protectiveness? I just.. I don't condone guys being overly controlling, but at some point, you should try not to ignore the advice or direction of someone who has been alive since the beginning of time and knows exactly what sort of dangerous people are after him. It isn't a game and it's not cute to keep ignoring the dangers.  It was frustrating because she never put herself in his shoes and tried to see where he was coming from. I'm sure if she did, the conflict wouldn't be so dire and perhaps he wouldn't lose all control and start melting concrete with his powers, but I just crave a series where two lovers actually work together as a team. Aside from that complaint, the series was pretty awesome and I really liked the magic in this particular book.

As much as I enjoyed the series, I was kind of glad this was it for now. I don't know that I'll continue the series, but that's because I'm hopeful that I'll love Night Huntress even more. I definitely recommend this spin off. You can pick it up without reading the main series, which I didn't read, and you won't be lost or expected to know who is who. It's a fun urban fantasy and paranormal romance blend and I'm glad I decided to pick it up.




Follow on Bloglovin

Labels: , , ,