Wreck This Journal - Pages 22-25: Pencil, Scribble

 
Wreck This Journal
 
 
Pages 22-23
 
Do Some Rubbings With A Pencil.
 
"'And most important of all,' added the Mathemagician, 'here is your own magic staff. Use it well and there will be nothing it cannot do for you.' He place in Milo's breast pocket a small gleaming pencil which, except for the size, was much like his own." Norton Juster, The Phantom Tollbooth
 
The Phantom Tollbooth is one my favorite novels of all time and I couldn't wait to find a prompt where I could use a quote. The magic staff is a pencil, which fits the prompt. I attempted to also draw the front cover, which was tough, but it looks almost exactly like the drawing on the cover, scratch marks and all.(Well for someone who can't typically draw very well).
 
If you love middle grade fantasy like The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien, Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling, or Percy Jackson by Rick Riordan, The Phantom Tollbooth is right up your alley. It's amazing!
 

 
--------------
 
 
 
Pages 24-25
 
Scribble Wildly, Violently, with Reckless Abandon.
 
No book quotes on this one. I just did exactly what the prompt said and went crazy with colored pencils.
 
I am seriously thinking about finding a quote about being wild and free that matches, especially from something like Panic by Lauren Oliver, but I'll probably go back later and do that.
 
Got any good ones for me?
 
 

 
 
Have you decided to try Wreck This Journal?
 
A lot of my friends have gotten into it and have been doing some creative stuff. Maybe I can convince some to share their pages with me so I can post them here!
 
As always, follow me on Instagram for posts about books and follow me here!

Follow on Bloglovin

Labels: , , ,