Review - Take Me On (Pushing the Limits #4) by Katie McGarry

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18333898-take-me-on


Take Me On (Pushing the Limits #4)

by Katie McGarry

Summary: Acclaimed author Katie McGarry returns with the knockout new story of two high school seniors who are about to learn what winning really means.
Champion kickboxer Haley swore she'd never set foot in the ring again after one tragic night. But then the guy she can't stop thinking about accepts a mixed martial arts fight in her honor. Suddenly, Haley has to train West Young. All attitude, West is everything Haley promised herself she'd stay away from. Yet he won't last five seconds in the ring without her help.
West is keeping a big secret from Haley. About who he really is. But helping her-fighting for her-is a shot at redemption. Especially since it's his fault his family is falling apart. He can't change the past, but maybe he can change Haley's future.
Haley and West have agreed to keep their relationship strictly in the ring. But as an unexpected bond forms between them and attraction mocks their best intentions, they'll face their darkest fears and discover love is worth fighting for.  

Add to Goodreads

Source: I borrowed a kindle copy from my local library

Review:

Katie McGarry is the queen of YA contemporary romance, I swear. How can she write about both sides of the tracks the way she does and continuously tug at my heartstrings? It's insane.

Take Me On was yet another amazing addition to the Pushing the Limit series. It's been awhile since I've read the books and I totally forgot who everyone was, which was totally disorienting at first. It didn't take long for the backstory to form in my memory, but it wasn't super important to remember every detail.

I really liked West, although I'm vaguely aware that I hated him in the last book because I thought he was a preppy jackass, but I think that's kind of the point. He was a determined person and he wasn't going to run to a friend or back home when a fight his father resulted in him being kicked out of his home/mansion. He met Haley when he almost ran her over with his car/new home.

Haley was an interesting character. She was a champion kick boxer with a fighting phobia after an encounter with a violent ex boyfriend. She quit fighting and she was constantly running, trying to protect everyone around her except herself. Circumstances brought her and West together and they both had lessons to lear

I admit that Haley got on my nerves a couple of times because I just couldn't understand why she let everyone push her around, but I kind of understood that she was just doing what she thought was best. If she opened up to anyone, I think her family would have handled things different. West was willing to fight for her and make her open up and she became a much better person in the process.

I love Katie McGarry and she can consistently deliver YA romance that doesn't suffer from cheesiness or insta-love or annoying tropes. She is definitely one of my favorites and I love all of her Pushing the Limits characters.




Follow on Bloglovin 

Labels: , , ,