Review–Becoming Rain (Burying Water #2) by K.A. Tucker

22609610

Becoming Rain (Burying Water #2)

by K.A. Tucker
Summary: Luke Boone doesn't know exactly what his uncle Rust is involved in but he wants in on it-the cars, the money, the women. And it looks like he's finally getting his wish. When Rust hands him the managerial keys to the garage, they come with a second set—one that opens up the door to tons of cash and opportunity. Though it's not exactly legal, Luke's never been one to worry about that sort of thing. Especially when it puts him behind the wheel of a Porsche 911 and onto the radar of gorgeous socialite named Rain.
Clara Bertelli is at the top of her game—at only twenty-six years old, she's one of the most successful undercover officers in the Washington D.C. major crime unit, and she's just been handed a case that could catapult her career and expose one of the west coast's most notorious car theft rings. But, in order to do it, she'll need to go deep undercover as Rain Martines. Her target? The twenty-four-year old nephew of a key player who appears ready to follow in his uncle's footsteps.
As Clara drifts deeper into the luxurious lifestyle of Rain, and further into the arms of her very attractive and charming target, the lines between right and wrong start to blur, making her wonder if she'll be able to leave it all behind. Or if she'll even want to.


Add to Goodreads

Source: I purchased a paperback

11209604_667905643314862_6998593413508088866_n
 
Review:
 
Becoming Rain was awesome! I liked it even more than Burying Water, even though I didn’t like Luke much in the first book. I like how the book is a sequel, but can also be read as a stand alone, as it features secondary characters.
 
The conflict had me on the edge of my seat. As undercover officer Clara ended up falling for her target, Luke, I wondered how on earth it would be resolved. How could they possibly end up together without losing everything? I can normally figure out how conflicts in contemporary romance will resolve themselves, but so far with this series by K.A. Tucker, I’m always at a loss. I love how unpredictable it makes the story as a result. I’m always filled with the good kind of angst when I read them.
 
I ended up loving Clara and Luke, especially together. I thought they brought out the best in each other. As I said, I didn’t care for Luke very much in the first book. I couldn’t understand why he looked up to his uncle so much and the illegal business he had on the side, especially after all of the things that happened with Alex and Jesse. He was so naïve about the dangers of the illegal business. However, once he became the main character and I got to know him, I realized he wasn’t as lazy and callous and dumb as I originally thought.
 
 11251284_667714606667299_1630135922004552101_n
 
I absolutely love K.A. Tucker. Her books have all amazed me, even when they feature the kinds of characters I can’t stand normally. I can’t get enough and I’m actually planning to go back and read the books in the Ten Tiny Breaths series that I skipped over. I highly recommend Becoming Rain and the Burying Water series. It’s a must read if you enjoy any kind of contemporary romance.
 
 4%2520star 

Labels: , ,