Review–Prodigy (Legend #2) by Marie Lu

13414446

Prodigy (Legend #2)

by Marie Lu
Summary: Injured and on the run, it has been seven days since June and Day barely escaped Los Angeles and the Republic with their lives. Day is believed dead having lost his own brother to an execution squad who thought they were assassinating him. June is now the Republic's most wanted traitor. Desperate for help, they turn to the Patriots - a vigilante rebel group sworn to bring down the Republic. But can they trust them or have they unwittingly become pawns in the most terrifying of political games?

Source: I purchased a Kindle copy.

Add to Goodreads

Review:

11078058_660977514007675_6958100921078238108_n

At first, Prodigy seemed like it was suffering from second book syndrome. June and Day were separated and wrapped up in what the other one was thinking, adding a lot of relationship drama to an already dramatic plot. I liked that June and Day weren’t all googly-eyed throughout Legend, so I was kind of disappointed by the direction of the plot.

However, my feelings quickly changed. The relationship drama had a crucial point since they both came from different worlds and their motivations and past experiences had a lot to do with not only their future together, but their loyalties. Would June stay loyal to a Republic that turned it’s back on her? Would Day be blinded by his hatred for the Republic? Could either of them trust the Patriots? Was the new Elector just as bad as the last?

Legend was a bit predictable, which was my only criticism, but Prodigy quickly remedied that situation. It wasn’t very predictable at all. I honestly didn’t know who to trust, if anyone. I loved getting different sides to the story and finding out how the world was actually set up. The idea that the Republic could be an isolated military regime in an otherwise democratic world was crazy, but not that far fetched. I liked that we got to see the Colonies and compare them to the Republic.

I really enjoyed Prodigy. The conflicts were amazing and I like the way the story pulled me everywhere and tested me. I had no idea where it was going or who to trust. I highly recommend the series and I’m glad that the second book was better than the first and that it surprised me. I was so worried it wouldn’t be as good when I first started.


4%2520star

Labels: , ,