Review–Point of Retreat (Slammed #2) by Colleen Hoover

13496084

Point of Retreat (Slammed #2)
 
by Colleen Hoover
 
Summary: Hardships and heartache brought them together… now it will tear them apart.
Layken and Will have proved their love can get them through anything; until someone from Will’s past re-emerges, leaving Layken questioning the very foundation on which their relationship was built. Will is forced to face the ultimate challenge…how to prove his love for a girl who refuses to stop ‘carving pumpkins.’


Source: I purchased a paperback

Add to Goodreads

Review:

I really loved Slammed, so when I saw Point of Retreat on a bargain shelf at my local bookstore, I just had to have it. Point of Retreat was a nice follow up to Slammed and I’m glad I got another glimpse at Lake and Will and got to see them fight through life’s issues together one more time. I don’t think that the novel is quite the must read that the first book is, but if you also loved Slammed, it’s a really nice addition to the story.

It took me just over a couple of hours to read the book since it wasn’t very long, but it was highly emotional, like nearly all of Colleen Hoover’s novels. I loved the fact that it was from Will’s point of view and that he and Lake had some more “normal” type of romantic conflict in the sequel. The first book was full of conflicts that, while amazing to read about, weren’t quite the normal type of things that most of us can relate to. And I think it was the point.. to show us that Will and Lake can be a true couple with regular problems and get through them.

 I loved the new characters that popped their head in and I liked that the conflict I saw coming wasn’t necessarily the focus of the story. I was surprised by how much I liked the new people and well they fit into the not so traditional Cooper family. I butterflying love all of the characters!

I highly recommend just about every Colleen Hoover book. As I said, it’s not imperative that you read Point of Retreat, but it was certainly worth reading and I definitely enjoyed it. If Slammed was the main course, Point of Retreat is a nice little side dish.

4%2520star

Labels: ,