Review–The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2) by Gena Showalter

2498983
 
The Darkest Kiss (Lords of the Underworld #2)
 
by Gena Showalter
 
Summary: She has tempted many men...but never found her equal. Until now.
Though she has lived for centuries, Anya, goddess of Anarchy, has never known pleasure. Until Lucien, the incarnation of death--a warrior eternally doomed to take souls to the hereafter. He draws her like no other. And Anya will risk anything to have him.
But when the merciless Lord of the Underworld is ordered by the gods to claim Anya herself, their uncontrollable attraction becomes an anguished pursuit. Now they must defeat the unconquerable forces that control them, before their thirst for one another demands a sacrifice of love beyond imagining...


Source: I purchased a kindle copy.

 Add to Goodreads

Review:

I am loving this series. I love the author’s writing and it has been the biggest pull to me after reading such disappointing novels recently. I was so glad I had this on the Kindle when I finished The Darkest Night.

I was intrigued by Anya and I didn’t know what would possess her to covet Lucien. I figured she’d go for someone a little more in-your-face since she was that kind of person, but I think her choice kind of made it unpredictable. I loved Lucien and I’m glad he was unlike the other warriors. He was not very violent, kept his temper in check, and seemed a bit more introspective than the others. I loved that Anya wasn’t a human, either. It changed up the whole pattern of young and naïve human girl stumbles into paranormal hot guy that I see a lot of.

I thought the overall plot was interesting, what with the conflict of interest with Lucien’s orders, the chaos of the Titans taking over, the search for the artifacts, and the whole world kind of hanging in the balance. I was worried the romance would feel like it was not coming at a good time with so much going on, but I felt like the author fit it all in quite well.

Sometimes, two people exploring their own tension and romance feels like they are letting their hormones take over when there are so many more important things to be doing and I hate feeling like that when I read a paranormal or fantasy book, but I liked the way everything unfolded.

I honestly had no idea how it would all end and I loved every minute. I definitely recommend the books. They are well written, interesting, unique, and have just enough steam and romance for me.

  4%2520star

Labels: , ,