Review–Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick

6339664

Hush, Hush (Hush, Hush #1)
 
by Becca Fitzpatrick
 
Summary: A SACRED OATH
A FALLEN ANGEL
A FORBIDDEN LOVE

Romance was not part of Nora Grey's plan. She's never been particularly attracted to the boys at her school, no matter how hard her best friend, Vee, pushes them at her. Not until Patch comes along. With his easy smile and eyes that seem to see inside her, Patch draws Nora to him against her better judgment.
But after a series of terrifying encounters, Nora's not sure whom to trust. Patch seems to be everywhere she is and seems to know more about her than her closest friends. She can't decide whether she should fall into his arms or run and hide. And when she tries to seek some answers, she finds herself near a truth that is way more unsettling than anything Patch makes her feel.
For she is right in the middle of an ancient battle between the immortal and those that have fallen - and, when it comes to choosing sides, the wrong choice will cost Nora her life.


Source: I purchased a Kindle copy.

Add to Goodreads

Review:

I was definitely in the mood for a terrible YA romance, one of those guilty pleasure girl meets boy kind of paranormal romances. I wasn’t looking for earth shattering literature, just something fun, dark, and intriguing. Hush, Hush definitely fit the bill. I’ve had the book on my Kindle for what seems like 2 years. I’ve been meaning to read it and have been waiting to be in THIS mood. I wish I would have picked it up a long time ago.

I really enjoyed Hush, Hush. I liked Patch and how mysterious and intriguing he was. I liked Nora because she was quiet, smart, but demanded to know more. She sort of fought her own feelings instead of tumbling into them like a lot of YA romance heroines. I liked Nora’s best friend because she was crazy, loud, and kind of ridiculous. I think serious heroines need some comic relief and I definitely knew Patch wouldn’t be providing that.

Hush, Hush had it’s own problems with the leaps in logic, like Nora being a complete idiot despite the fact that she isn’t an idiot, the adults in the novel being strangely absent for important things, the involvement of police with insanely unbelievable dialogue, plot holes, insta-love/insta-attraction… but I mean, it IS a novel about a fallen angel who is attending high school. I wasn’t expecting to read a book where things had to make that much sense. I just kind of went with the flow.

I wish I would have read this instead of Fallen because it seems a lot less ridiculous than that series so far. I guess time will tell. But I definitely bought the second book.

I recommend it to anyone who is in the same kind of mood, but not to anyone who is looking for their next best-book-of-the-year kind of read.

  4%2520star

Labels: , ,