Review–The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3) by Michelle Hodkin

15768409
 
The Retribution of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer #3)
 
by Michelle Hodkin
 
Summary: Mara Dyer wants to believe there's more to the lies she’s been told.
There is.
She doesn’t stop to think about where her quest for the truth might lead.
She should.
She never had to imagine how far she would go for vengeance.
She will now.
Loyalties are betrayed, guilt and innocence tangle, and fate and chance collide in this shocking conclusion to Mara Dyer’s story.
Retribution has arrived.


 
Source: I purchased a hardcover. (I preordered it and it came to my house SIGNED!)
 
 10447637_10204869493686372_5264348276515001173_n  
 
Add to Goodreads  
 
Review:  Oh. My. God. The Retribution of Mara Dyer was AMAZING. It was such an awesome and action packed ending to the trilogy. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, never knowing what would happen or who Mara could trust. It was such a great book.  
 
I felt like each book got crazier, more terrifying, and the stakes were higher as the story went on. And the whole time, while I knew something was happening to Mara that was beyond her control, I wondered how much, if any of it, was really in her head. I loved not knowing and not knowing just how far the author would take any of Mara’s supposedly crazy suspicions.  
 
The trilogy is a perfect blend of mystery, psychological thriller, romance, and the paranormal, which is a blend that I don’t find often at all. Mara was an unreliable narrator who lost time and and did some seriously disturbing things, but was also clearly being set up by someone at least some of the time.  
 
The Retribution of Mara Dyer answered a ton of questions and linked a lot of the different ideas, characters, and flashbacks together. But it also left enough of the mystery open even at the end. I love when endings are both satisfying and leave some threads open and some questions unanswered. I thought the entire book was absolutely perfect.  
 
Perhaps my favorite thing about the Mara Dyer trilogy is how it feels like it’s not YA. The writing is superb, the themes are dark and twisted, and the characters aren’t afraid to use profanity in their situations. I mean, when your entire life is unraveling before you, I think a little bit of profanity is perfect. I loved that it kind of pushes the limits of what kind of language and themes should be in a YA book and it makes it a perfect read for adults.  
 
I highly recommend the trilogy and thought The Retribution of Mara Dyer may be the best book. It was definitely not a disappointing third book like so many trilogies we’ve all read and loved.
 
   5%2520star


Labels: , ,