Review–Night Pleasures (Dark Hunter #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

6944032
 
Night Pleasures (Dark Hunter #1)
 
by Sherrilyn Kenyon
 
Summary: The Dark-Hunters are ancient warriors who have sworn to protect mankind and the fate of the world is in their hands. . .
He is solitude. He is darkness. He is the ruler of the night. Yet Kyrian of Thrace has just woken up handcuffed to his worst nightmare: An accountant. Worse, she's being hunted by one of the most lethal vampires out there. And if Amanda Devereaux goes down, then he does too. But it's not just their lives that are hanging in the balance.  Kyrian and Amanda are all that stands between humanity and oblivion. Let's hope they win.

Source: I purchased a Kindle copy.  Add to Goodreads  Review:  Night Pleasures was pretty good. I liked the typical paranormal romance pattern with the added elements of greek mythology on top of the darker mythologies I was already vaguely familiar with. I don’t think this series was the best of the genre by any means, but it was fun to read and I plowed through it in just a couple of hours. What I did like about the book that other paranormal romances sometimes mess up for me were the characters. While Kyrian was the obvious alpha brooding male lead, Amanda was kind of spunky and strong. He didn’t overpower her very much at all and it was Amanda who took the lead most times. I hate when paranormal romances pull the controlling alpha male thing and then treat the heroines as breakable dolls, little ones, or weaklings and I was glad that Night Pleasures did not do this.  As a first book, it gave me just enough of the world to keep me interested, but I still have tons of questions about how things work. I think I’d read the other books in the series, especially because it seems as if people prefer the later books anyway. I liked the side characters and I imagine they’ll be the main characters in future installments, so that’s a good sign for me.  Of course, like any paranormal romance with that kind of title, it is less of a Paranormal and more of a Romance, but I knew what to expect. Obviously, if you prefer paranormals that are more plot based like urban fantasies and just peppered with romance, Night Pleasures will be a bit over the top for you. But I think anyone who picks this up will know what tropes will be there, what to expect, and just how many times the characters will be sidetracked by their lust.  4%2520star

Labels: , ,