Review–Magic Slays (Kate Daniels #5) by Ilona Andrews

8559047
 
Magic Slays (Kate Daniels #5)
 
by Ilona Andrews
 
Summary: Plagued by a war between magic and technology, Atlanta has never been so deadly. Good thing Kate Daniels is on the job.
Kate Daniels may have quit the Order of Merciful Aid, but she’s still knee-deep in paranormal problems. Or she would be if she could get someone to hire her. Starting her own business has been more challenging than she thought it would be—now that the Order is disparaging her good name, and many potential clients are afraid of getting on the bad side of the Beast Lord, who just happens to be Kate’s mate.
So when Atlanta’s premier Master of the Dead calls to ask for help with a vampire on the loose, Kate leaps at the chance of some paying work. Turns out this is not an isolated incident, and Kate needs to get to the bottom of it—fast, or the city and everyone dear to her might pay the ultimate price.


Source: I purchased a Kindle copy.

Add to Goodreads

Review:

I am so in love with the Kate Daniels series. I was worried that it wouldn’t be as good after Kate and Curran admitted their feelings for each other and ended up together because so much of what I enjoyed was their chemistry and sarcasm. I was definitely proven wrong. Kate and Curran still have their own feisty chemistry and it’s almost better now. She never stopped busting his chops and being difficult.
I feel like the plot is heading towards something epic. Each book involves plot that place more and more groups of people in danger. I wonder if Kate will get her showdown with Roland. It certainly seems like she’s gearing up and the rest of the people are slowly figuring out who she is and what she is capable of.
I highly recommend the series. I’m incredibly invested in the characters and I love seeing each adventure unfold. Kate becomes a character I love more and more as time goes on. I don’t know what I’m going to do when the series ends. I need more, even after 5 books.

5%2520star

Labels: , ,