Top Ten Tuesday–TV Shows

toptentuesday2
 
Top Ten TV Shows
 
hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
 
 
I’m going to try NOT to pick shows based on books at all.

1. Falling Skies on TNT. An alien apocalypse show? Sign me up.The Mason family and other survivors fight and survive. It’s an epic drama.

2. Defiance on SyFy. Another alien apocalypse show, but in a totally different way. It reminds me of Star Trek being that that are tons of different aliens, a crew of people (though they are in a town), and there’s always a new adventure.

3. The Originals on the CW. I never ever expected to love The Originals, but I prefer it over The Vampire Diaries completely. Klaus, Elijah, and Rebekah have lived long enough to be complex and awesome. They are all villainous, but they have such great reasons. I’m so intrigued.

4. Being Human on SyFy. I haven’t seen the UK version, but I love the US version. A vampire, a werewolf, and a ghost live in a house together and try to be normal.

5. Orange is the New Black on Netflix. A drama about women in prison? I was intrigued, but I didn’t expect it would be so awesome!

6. Vikings on The History Channel. A show about Vikings and a certain family. They pushed to explore other areas of the world and change things. I love seeing how their society differs from Christian settlements.

7. Teen Wolf on MTV. I don’t know why I love the show so much, but it’s one of my teen guilty pleasure shows, like The Vampire Diaries.

8. Orphan Black on BBC. I like weird shows with science fiction elements and the main character of this show is a clone.

9. Family Guy on FOX/Adult Swim. I LOVE Family Guy. I think it’s one of the funniest shows on television.

10. The Big Bang Theory on CBS and TBS. There’s tons of tropes I hate about the show, but I do love how geeky it is. Sheldon is my favorite character. I wish Penny wasn’t portrayed so great and the geeks were given a little more self respect, but I do love that it’s one of the smarter sitcoms.

11. (Because I can't forget this one!) The Following on Fox. A professor of English who kills people and creates a cult based on the work of Edgar Allen Poe? YES!

No, didn’t mention Game of Thrones, Under the Dome, The 100, or The Vampire Diaries. I didn’t want to include books that were turned into shows. There’s also great shows that aren’t on anymore that I didn’t include. And funny shows like The Colbert Report. I couldn’t include them all!

Labels: