Review–Nero (Made Men #1) by Sarah Brianne

22494969
 
Nero (Made Men #1)
 
by Sarah Brianne
 
Summary: Nero is the king of Legacy Prep, living a life of power.
Elle is the school’s punching bag, living a life of fear.
The only good girls Nero knows jump in his bed when he tells them to.
The closest Elle has come to a bad boy like him is in the cafeteria line.
The mob boss gave him orders to find out what she knows.
Her mouth is sealed.

I just want to be a fu**ing made man.
I’m just a fu**ing waitress.

Source: I purchased a Kindle copy.

Add to Goodreads

Review:

One of my favorite indie authors is also part of an editing team, which means she encounters awesome indie books that I have never heard of. She has introduced me to amazing series and authors and she recommended Nero to me.

I loved Nero. I was definitely craving a steamy contemporary romance and this book did not disappoint. Although the characters are in high school, Nero is NOT a YA novel at all. It was much too graphic in certain areas for that. It totally suffered from tropes like having a weak heroine (although Elle’s ability to take crap from others and her loyalty to Chloe seem more like strengths to me), a total alpha male who was terribly controlling and malicious, and parents who have NO clue what is going on. But I expected that going in. I mean, read the synopsis. And I loved it.

Nero was steamy, violent, and addicting. Nero himself was mysterious and interesting. I enjoyed watching him unexpectedly fall for Elle and I loved watching her let him into her life. I loved his crew of friends, his horrible and violent nature, and his fierce overprotection and jealousy. I loved piecing together Elle’s past, how she ended up at the lowest rung of the social ladder and why.

Let me be clear, Nero is one of those novels that isn’t doing feminism any favors. It is totally ones of those romance novels that take things way too far. Nero is as violent as he is controlling, but there’s a time and place for awesome romance novels that explore that whole dominant and alpha male thing and Nero was amazing as it was.

4%2520star

Labels: ,