Top Ten Tuesday–Gateway Books

toptentuesday2
 
hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
 
Top Ten "Gateway" Books/Authors In My Reading Journey
 
I’ve never really stopped reading, but there are certain books that have made me get into a certain genre and made me read more in general, whether it’s because it was really good or it was something everyone was talking about.
 
Books that I loved as a kid:

A Wrinkle In Time by Madeleine L’Engle

The Giver by Lois Lowry

The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton


Books that pulled me back into reading as a teen:
 
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

The Tell Tale Heart by Edgar Allen Poe

Animal Farm by George Orwell

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Books that pulled me back into reading as an adult:
 
The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks

1984 by George Orwell

Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Labels: