The Fool’s Challenge–Day 8: Changed

FoolsChallenge
 
FoolsChallenge_topics
 
hosted by Parajunkee
 
Day 8: Books you’ve read that changed you mentally…
 
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. It really made me think about how I might have been in high school.

The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

The Bible. It wasn’t until I actually read it that I realized I could never be and was not religious.

The Giver by Lois Lowry. It introduced me to dystopian fiction!

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. It really makes you think about society. All of his books do, actually.

A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle. I finally found my place in books when I was a little girl. This book was a huge part of my childhood.

White Oleander by Janet Fitch. It’s such a powerful novel.

Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury

Night by Elie Wiesel. It was the most powerful Holocaust novel I’ve ever read. As a kid, I never really grasped it until I read his memoir.

Animal Farm by George Orwell

Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath was a very important novel to me. What young girl can’t relate to some of Esther’s concerns or fears?

I should stop here. I’ve read so many books that have inspired me or opened my eyes to issues I didn’t know much about. I could go on and never stop!

Labels: , ,