Day 2: Tell everyone how big a “Fool for Books” you are
Some reasons I know I’m addicted to books:
- I can’t go into a bookstore without buying SOMETHING.
- I actually have a bank account that gives me a refund of up to $5 per month for purchases on Amazon or iTunes and I use this as an excuse to by “at least $5 worth” of Kindle books per month (even when I’m buying other things on Amazon and still earning that rebate).
- My TBR shelf never gets smaller.
- When I have free time, I have a book. Always. Whether I’m reading a quick chapter before clocking in at work or I’m stirring dinner in the kitchen.
- Everyone tags me in bookish things on Facebook because they know I get it.
- Everyone always mentions some book when they are around me because they know instantly I’ll start talking about reading. I even notice some people who don’t read much go out of their way to talk about reading in order to carry on a conversation with me. (you guys don’t have to do this, I can totally talk about other things!)
- The first thing you’ll see when you come in my front door is.. BOOKS!
- And obviously, I know I love reading when I run a book blog. I review books and actually enjoy doing so. I review everything I read, mainly because I enjoy talking about it and sharing with other readers.
- You have sift through hundreds of pictures of books before finding selfies and food pictures on my Instagram account. (which is so abnormal for Instagram, right?!)
- I actually have no idea what normal people use hashtags for. I use them for genres, book titles, and things like #addictedtobooks #bookish or #booknerdproblems. Am I doing this right? LOL
- I actually don’t know what normal people use Twitter or Instagram for. I use them for books, connecting with bookish people, and promoting my blog and my love of reading.
- Me every time I leave the house: Oh, we are just going to the grocery store/gas station? *puts book in purse*
There are more reasons why I’m a book nerd, but I think that covers a lot of basics.
Labels: challenge, Parajunkee, The Fool's Challenge