Review–Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

12578077
 
Obsidian (Lux #1)
 
by Jennifer L. Armentrout
 
Summary: Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.
If I don't kill him first, that is.


Source: I purchased a Kindle copy.

Add to Goodreads

Review:

Jennifer Armentrout has the most amazing ability to suck me into a story. I loved Obsidian, even when it sometimes resembled so many other YA paranormal romances. It was always different because of the characters and their personalities. Katy was so sarcastic and I thought she was hilarious. Daemon, although he was a jerk at times, was sarcastic and horrible and charming and wonderful. Dee was the bright and shining star who was as sweet as she could be. How could these characters not draw me in?

The author makes the YA paranormal genre fun and exciting. She peppers it with cheesiness and insults. She makes the heroine a BOOK BLOGGER and fellow book lover. She creates this awesome push and pull, hot and cold chemistry between Katy and Daemon and makes this book absolutely impossible to put down. Obsidian was interesting and adventurous. I loved the plot, the characters, and the romantic tension between Katy and Daemon.

There’s very little else I could say that hasn’t already been said, but I do know why people are such huge fans of Armentrout’s Lux series. I’m glad I finally jumped on board and read it!

5%2520star

Labels: , ,