Review–Easy by Tammara Webber

16056408
 
Easy
 
by Tammara Webber
 
Summary: Rescued by a stranger.
Haunted by a secret
Sometimes, love isn’t easy…

He watched her, but never knew her. Until thanks to a chance encounter, he became her savior…
The attraction between them was undeniable. Yet the past he’d worked so hard to overcome, and the future she’d put so much faith in, threatened to tear them apart.
Only together could they fight the pain and guilt, face the truth—and find the unexpected power of love.
A groundbreaking novel in the New Adult genre,
Easy faces one girl's struggle to regain the trust she's lost, find the inner strength to fight back against an attacker, and accept the peace she finds in the arms of a secretive boy.

Add to Goodreads  

Source: I purchased a paperback.  

Review:

I’ve heard so many great things about Easy, but when I purchased my copy, I let it sit on my bookshelf for quite some time. Finally, thanks to even more recommendations, I decided to pick it up. I’m glad I did, because Easy was a wonderful contemporary romance.

Jacqueline was the kind of character most of us can relate to. She was smart, caring, and she was finding herself. She followed her boyfriend to a school that didn’t have exactly what she wanted because she thought they’d be together forever. And then he broke up with her to roam free and get other girls “out of his system” before settling down. She didn’t have much of her own identity without him, so she worked hard to be her own person. I admired her because I thought her struggle was one that any girl could identify with. We get lost in the interests of other people all of the time and when you break up with someone or stop being friends with people, it can take some time to figure out who you really are alone.

Jacqueline ended up in a horrifying situation by being attacked by someone she thought she trusted, but was saved by a guy who was in the right place at the right time. Who was this mystery guy? As it turned out, their paths crossed multiple times after that. I loved Lucas and I thought his character was intriguing. Like Jacqueline, I wanted to know more about him. I liked the way their relationship played out. It wasn’t what I expected because there was actual chase involved. They both pursued each other and even when they connected, it wasn’t like they were suddenly together. The whole boy-meets-girl and they instantly get together and connect and then suddenly drama happens and then they figure it out and end up together forever formula wasn’t used in Easy. Their relationship was a little more realistic than that and I enjoyed watching it unfold.

I can see why so many people love this story. It was a great romance, but it also had wonderful messages. Lucas was a very admirable character, but he wasn’t so “perfect” that he was unrealistic. Jacqueline’s interest in him started quickly, but she actually became more independent as a result of being with him than I would have initially imagined. Jacqueline wasn’t weak or in need of saving and learned how to save herself to some degree.  I definitely recommend Easy!

5%2520star

Labels: ,