Review–Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer

13206828
 
Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3)
 
by Marissa Meyer
 
Summary: Rapunzel’s tower is a satellite. She can’t let down her hair—or her guard.
In this third book in the bestselling Lunar Chronicles series, Cinder and Captain Thorne are fugitives on the run, with Scarlet and Wolf in tow. Together, they’re plotting to overthrow Queen Levana and her army.
Their best hope lies with Cress, who has been trapped on a satellite since childhood with only her netscreens as company. All that screen time has made Cress an excellent hacker—unfortunately, she’s just received orders from Levana to track down Cinder and her handsome accomplice.
When a daring rescue goes awry, the group is separated. Cress finally has her freedom, but it comes at a high price. Meanwhile, Queen Levana will let nothing stop her marriage to Emperor Kai. Cress, Scarlet, and Cinder may not have signed up to save the world, but they may be the only ones who can.


Source: I purchased a copy for Kindle

Add to Goodreads

MacMillan Publishing

Review:

Cress was awesome! I absolutely loved it and I felt so connected to the characters, both old and new, and was invested in their story completely. I am so happy I finally read this series and I’m eagerly awaiting the release of the next book. No wonder so many people rave about The Lunar Chronicles!

I was not sure how I felt about Cress as a character at first. As I felt with Scarlet, I wasn’t ready to let in yet another character. I loved Cinder’s band of misfits and I wasn’t sure I wanted some long haired naïve girl to bust in and ruin all the dynamics. But, once again, the author made me realize that I’ve always wanted Cress to be apart of the story all along. I don’t know how she makes me fall in love with her characters, but she is damn good at it!

The events in Cress were… crazy. Seriously. New connections between characters were made. The plot thickened. Characters were unfortunately separated. There were tons of close calls. Oh my gosh. There were moments when I was reading on my lunch break or before work and I had to put it down because I was so emotional about the characters in their dire situations and I just couldn’t be reading before I had to put my game face on and do my job. Haha.

The books in The Lunar Chronicles are wonderful examples of why I love YA fiction. Only in YA would I get a fairy tale retelling set in a future of genetic warfare, cyborgs, Lunar people with the ability to affect minds, and androids. And in that awesome science fiction setting, a bunch of amazing friendships and relationships that form and make me feel all warm and fuzzy. The romance in these books is the kind that really melts my heart: couples that work together, believe in each other, and compliment each other so well. I love every single aspect of these books and I love how they blend all of my favorite elements into an awesome tale.

I need more!

I highly recommend these books.

5%2520star

Labels: , ,