Review–Fracture Me (Shatter Me #2.5) by Tahereh Mafi

17331518
 
Fracture Me (Shatter Me #2.5)
 
by Tahereh Mafi
 
Summary: In this electrifying sixty-page companion novella to the New York Times bestselling Shatter Me series, discover the fate of the Omega Point rebels as they go up against The Reestablishment. Set during and soon after the final moments of Unravel Me, Fracture Me is told from Adam's perspective.
As Omega Point prepares to launch an all-out assault on The Reestablishment soldiers stationed in Sector 45, Adam's focus couldn't be further from the upcoming battle. He's reeling from his breakup with Juliette, scared for his best friend's life, and as concerned as ever for his brother James's safety. And just as Adam begins to wonder if this life is really for him, the alarms sound. It's time for war.
On the battlefield, it seems like the odds are in their favor—but taking down Warner, Adam's newly discovered half brother, won't be that easy. The Reestablishment can't tolerate a rebellion, and they'll do anything to crush the resistance . . . including killing everyone Adam has ever cared about.
Fracture Me sets the stage for Ignite Me, the explosive finale in Tahereh Mafi's epic dystopian series. It's a novella not to be missed by fans who crave action-packed stories with tantalizing romance like Divergent by Veronica Roth, The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, and Legend by Marie Lu..

Source: I preordered a Kindle copy.

Add to Goodreads

Review:

Fracture Me was definitely… eye opening. I thought Adam was sort of pathetic in Unravel Me, but now I hate him. Like, actually hate him. I may be a Team Warner gal, but I would rather see Juliette with ANYONE in the whole world than with Adam. If it’s not Warner, that’s fine, but I really hope Tahereh Mafi wouldn’t put Juliette with someone who thinks so little of her.

Be careful, there may be spoilers ahead. Mostly of the things that Adam thought, but just a word of warning.

I was reading and getting so angry at the things he was thinking. How dare he? Seriously? She can FRACTURE THE FREAKING EARTH and she could totally kill him if she wanted to and she can’t handle war? She doesn’t have what it takes? Castle and Kenji were wasting their time pushing her? OMG. Rage.

I’ve said from the moment I crossed over to the dark side and became Team Warner that I loved the way he challenged her and expected her to be more than what she was. I thought she needed that. And I didn’t think Adam pushed her hard enough. He left her with more guilt over her actions than anything else. But now, after reading Fracture Me, I realize that he didn’t want to push her at all because he didn’t actually think she was tough enough to handle anything.

I had to put Fracture Me down because I was so angry with Adam. How dare he act like she can’t handle herself? And you know what? We know Juliette is alive anyway, so she doesn’t EVEN NEED YOU, ADAM, YOU JERK. Warner never ever ever ever stopped believing in her or thought for one second she wasn’t capable of changing the world.

I mean, I guess I just feel like Adam is one of those boyfriends who pats their girlfriends on the heads, like “Oh yeah, sweetie, you’ll be a great [insert thing she wants to be here], it’s just so hard. Don’t worry your pretty little head about it.” All the while, we all thought he was super sweet for being so “understanding” and nice. Screw him. And maybe Warner did the opposite and pushed her too hard, what with the simulations in Shatter Me and everything. But at least he BELIEVES IN HER. Seriously, I’m so angry at Adam.

I still give it five stars because I’m full of feels, but I really hope she doesn’t end up with Adam. Even if Warner like dies or becomes an evil ruler who kills puppies or something. I’d rather see Juliette trying to date a guy she can’t touch like Kenji or Brandon or ANYONE ELSE IN THE WHOLE WORLD than to spend one SECOND of her life on Adam.

Warner may be a psychopath, but Adam is a joke.

***Honestly, this is more of a rant than a review. I’m in love with this series and highly recommend it. My anger at Adam in no way reflects how I feel about the series itself. =) I’m just emotionally invested in the characters.***

5%2520star

Labels: , , , , ,