Review–Insurgent (Divergent #2) by Veronica Roth

11735983
 
Insurgent (Divergent #2)
 
by Veronica Roth
 
Summary: One choice can transform you, or destroy you.
Every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves, and herself, while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Where to Buy: Amazon . EpicReads . Barnes and Noble

Add to Goodreads

Source: I purchased a hardcover.

Review:

Wow. Insurgent was action packed and spectacular! I’ve had this sequel on my shelf since I finished Divergent, but I knew the last book in the trilogy would be out this year and I would want/need it, so I patiently waited to read it. I’m really glad I did, because I can’t wait to start the next novel!

I love Tris so much. I love how she’s strong, weak, smart, and naïve all at the same time. I love how she grew and changed as her circumstances changed. I think her, Four, and the entire world around them is so well built and complex. I love the action, but I also like the characters and factions and seeing how the different divisions affect people and the way they think. The way that the people in each faction mold themselves to the ideals and mindsets they are supposed to intrigued me. And the way that Tris used her Divergence to make better decisions than those that were more aligned with just one faction was very interesting to me.

This series really brings together some of my favorite elements in fiction. It’s got the psychological and sociological aspects, the dystopian elements I love and the action and adventure I crave. I love how it takes a utopian ideal and flips it upside down by revealing the problems with such a perfect society.

It’s weird, because I totally can’t relate to Tris. I’m not selfless or brave at all and would have never chosen Abnegation or Dauntless if I were in that world. I know I’d be Erudite all the way. And knowing this doesn’t cause a conflict inside of me like I thought it would. I root for Tris, I respect her, and I love her. I see her side of things and she doesn’t make me angry, even though I know we’d be on different sides if I existed in her world. I kind of love that. I think a lot of readers are probably Erudite or even Amity and less are Dauntless, yet I think we all root for Tris and even “get” her. I applaud the author for making me get a character I wouldn’t normally relate to and for making me love Four, even though he has the same problem.

And oh, how I love Four. I loved the tension, the chemistry, the admiration, and the respect between him and Tris.

I can’t wait to read Allegiant, even though I have heard some pretty disturbing/sad things…

I highly recommend Insurgent. I love this series.

5%2520star

Labels: , , ,