Allegiant by Veronica Roth
“Writing, painting, singing- it cannot stop everything. Cannot halt death in its tracks. But perhaps it can make the pause between death’s footsteps sound and look and feel beautiful, can make the space of waiting a place where you can linger without as much fear. For we are all walking each other to our deaths, and the journey there between footsteps makes up our lives.”
Ally Condie, Reached
16. Shortest and Longest Book You Read In 2013?
Shortest– In Time (The Darkest Minds #1.5) by Alexandra Bracken
Longest — Under the Dome by Stephen King
17. Book That Had A Scene In It That Had You Reeling And Dying To Talk To Somebody About It? (a WTF moment, an epic revelation, a steamy kiss, etc. etc.) Be careful of spoilers!
Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) by Tahereh Mafi
18. Favorite Relationship From A Book You Read In 2013 (be it romantic, friendship, etc).
Romance – Jason and Chloe from Nobody’s Damsel by E.M. Tippetts,
Beth and Ryan in Dare You To by Katie McGarry,
Henry and Kate from The Goddess Test by Aimee Carter,
Noah Shaw and Mara Dyer in the Mara Dyer series by Michelle Hodkin
Friendship – Blue, Gansey, Ronan, and Adam in The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater
Familial — The Evans Family in The Sulfur Heights series by M.S. Brannon
19. Favorite Book You Read in 2013 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
Everything by Maggie Stiefvater
20. Best Book You Read In 2013 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else:
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black.
21. Genre You Read The Most From in 2013?
Probably YA Dystopian and YA Paranormal/Fantasy are split evenly.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2013?
Fear from Some Quiet Place by Kelsey Sutton
23. Best 2013 debut you read?
Poison by Bridget Zinn
24. Most vivid world/imagery in a book you read in 2013?
The Sweetest Dark by Shana Abe
Rory by Ciye Cho
25. Book That Was The Most Fun To Read in 2013?
Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter,
School Spirits by Rachel Hawkins,
The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2013?
Allegiant by Veronica Roth,
Linger and Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
27. Book You Read in 2013 That You Think Got Overlooked This Year Or When It Came Out?
Rory by Ciye Cho. I think his books don’t get enough attention at all. They are beautiful, fun, and so descriptive! I think a lot of people would like them, if they are fans of any kind of YA fantasy/paranormal theme.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2013?
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2013?
3. Best discussion you had on your blog?
4. Most thought-provoking review or discussion you read on somebody else’s blog?
5. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
I didn’t really do much besides blog tours and cover reveals, but they were all exciting.
6. Best moment of book blogging/your book life in 2013?
Being featured/quoted on/in books:
Legacy (The Time Weaver Chronicles #2) by Thomas A. Knight
Tragic Love (Sulfur Heights #2) by M.S. Brannon
Acknowledgement in Awakened Gods (Lunangelique #3) by Kristin R. Campbell
Ethereal Fury (Gemini Rising #1) by Jessica O’Gorek
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
The Kindle Paperwhite.
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
Yes, my 160 book Goodreads Challenge, Dystopia Reading Challenge, Sequel Challenge, Book to Movie Challenge, and the 2013 Eclectic Reader Challenge. Plus, I got to read a lot of series that were on my TBR shelf.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2013 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2014?
The Humans by Matt Haig
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2014 (non-debut)?
Burning Kingdoms (Internment Chronicles #2) by Lauren DeStefano
3. 2014 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
I spent so much time on my TBR shelf, I haven’t even looked at what is coming besides sequels.
4. Series Ending You Are Most Anticipating in 2014?
Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging In 2014?
I’d like to do more discussions.