Ten Five Covers I Wish I Could Redesign
1. The entire Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. I love the series, but I hate the covers. I think I’d vote them the worst covers ever on an awesome YA series
2. The Delirium series by Lauren Oliver. I wouldn’t have put faces on those covers at all. There are a million scenes and symbolic images I can think of that would reflect the series better. But my main problem is that they remind me too much of Before I Fall. I love that cover, but I feel like it fits the story more.
3. The Game of Thrones series by George R.R. Martin. As a whole, they aren’t appealing to me. I guess I think they should be more descriptive and less plain. They’ve been redesigned a few times, but they still aren’t appealing to me.
4. The Taker Trilogy by Alma Katsu. The thing is, I think the covers are gorgeous. I just don’t think they do as good of a job of representing the story as I’d prefer.
5. The Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa. Seriously, I think I have a problem with zoomed in faces on covers. Because otherwise, these are gorgeous covers. The face just looks weird to me.
I’m happy that so many of the books I would have put on this list eventually redesigned the covers and became some of my favorite covers, such as Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi, Blood of Eden series by Julie Kagawa, Shade of Vampire series by Bella Forrest..
And honestly, the only one I feel super strong about on this list is Vampire Academy. The rest aren’t bad at all, just not something I would have chosen.
Labels: Top Ten Tuesday