Review–Scorched Treachery (Imdalind #3) by Rebecca Ethington

17874494
 
Scorched Treachery (Imdalind #3)
 
by Rebecca Ethington
 
Summary: While Joclyn is trapped in the tormenting hell of Cail’s mind, the battle around her only continues to grow and spread.
*
Edmund has infiltrated the underground hallways of Prague, guiding the massacre that would end the lives of the last of the great magical race. In her attempts to stop him, Wynifred has been captured and her magic restrained. Chained up in the ancient dungeons of Prague, her fate is left in the hands of her father, who has tried to kill her before.
With Ryland’s screams and Sain’s fragmented sights as her only company, Wyn must rely on something that has been hidden deep inside of her for centuries to help them break free.
*
Ilyan’s whole life has been building up to one purpose. Protect the Silnỳ. He knows what he must do, and he has no doubt in his ability to do so.
But when his father’s magic removes Joclyn’s mind from her body, he is left protecting the shell of the one person he loves. Desperate to find a way to break her free of her prison, he makes a choice. And that one choice changes everything.
Now, Ilyan finds himself bound to Joclyn in a way that he never knew to be possible.
They say that blood is thicker than water, but Black Water burns, and Ilyan’s heart may not be strong enough to keep it pumping through his veins and give the girl he loves back into his brother’s care.
Even if he can, it may not be safe to do so.


Release Date: July 11, 2013

Genre: YA Paranormal Romance/Fantasy

Where to Buy: Amazon

Add to Goodreads

Source: I purchased a copy for Kindle.

Review:

When I saw that book 3 was basically the events of book 2 with additional points of view, I was so sad. I wanted a continuation of the plot. Quotes from other reviewers at the beginning of the book made me hopeful that this would be a good read, though. They all said that even though they also wanted a regular book 3 (who wouldn’t?!), they were so in love with Scorched Treachery and everyone should give it a chance. Now that I’ve finished, I have to say I totally agree. I loved the book and I didn’t feel like anything was being repeated unnecessarily. All of it was necessary. I needed these other points of view!

Scorched Treachery was so compelling. I didn’t think Wyn’s point of view would be all that interesting, but I found myself totally captivated and unable to put the book down! I thought Ilyan’s point of view would be a little repetitive, but I found I was drawn to it and wanted to know more. It wasn’t repetitive at all! And of course, I got a little bit of Joclyn’s point of view near the end and the plot did move forward a bit. And it was amazing.

I won’t ruin the details of the plot, but Scorched Treachery is a must read novel that gave me much needed points of view. I feel like I understand the characters even better. So much happened while Joclyn was stuck inside of Cail’s mind and it was important that I got to witness everything.

And the ending!… *sigh*

It was amazing!

I don’t know how I’m going to go on waiting for the next book in the series to come out. I devoured these books far too quickly, but I just couldn’t help it. I was so addicted and I was reading as much as I could in my free time to find out what happened next. I highly recommend the series. It’s so unique, captivating, and full of conflict. I love the characters and the things they fight for.

5%2520star

Labels: , , ,