Review–Anywhere by J. Meyers

18213198
 
Anywhere
 
by J. Meyers
 
Summary: Skye Whitcomb is running from her troubles, and where better to run than Europe? Fresh out of college, she makes quick plans with her best friend Paige and hops on a plane.
Of course, nothing ever goes as planned—at least not for her. First, Paige has to bail, and Skye’s left to travel alone. Then she meets sweet and sexy Asher Benedict in Paris, and sparks fly after a night together on the train to Rome. He’s all kinds of perfect for her, but the timing couldn’t be worse since she was running from the altar when she left—so the last thing she wants right now is a relationship.
But Skye’s about to discover that no matter how far you run, love can find you anywhere.


Release Date: August 24, 2013

Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance  

Where to Buy: Amazon. It is currently exclusively on Amazon, but if you don’t have a copy and would like to read it on another platform, see this post on author’s website for more info!

Add to Goodreads  

Source: I purchased a copy for Kindle.  

Review:

First of all, I think the cover of Anywhere is beautiful. It’s simple, but it captures the feel of the book very well. Secondly, I’m a big fan of the Intangible series from the author and I am happy that I can add Anywhere to the list of books I enjoy from J. Meyers!

Anywhere was a sweet romantic story that took place throughout Europe. Skye started traveling with her friend, but was later forced to change her plans and ended up alone in Paris. Unwilling to return to the States, she was looking forward to much needed space away from her life. And that’s where she met Asher, who was on his own adventure for his brother. The two of them had an instant connection, but I liked that they were friends and travel companions out of the convenience and didn’t instantly jump into each other’s arms.

The relationship between Skye and Asher was incredibly enjoyable to read. They made me smile and grin and laugh. The banter between them was light and humorous, but it was obvious that they understood each other on a deeper level. I was totally rooting for them the entire book, but I realized somewhere along the way that I would have been happy as long as they stayed friends. They just understood each other too well to have gone their separate ways. Because their travel arrangements weren’t really planned out, I was tense the whole time wondering if and when they’d split apart and what it would mean.

Anywhere is the kind of book that needs a movie. It would make an absolutely wonderful chick flick and I’d love to see the scenes in all of the famous European places. It would be so amazing. I definitely recommend it. The only negative thing I can say is that it made me miss my husband even more than I already do right now, but that’s because it was so sweet. =)
 5%2520star

Labels: ,