Top Ten Tuesday–Unusual Character Names

toptentuesday2
 
hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
 
Top Ten Character Names I Love or Top Ten Unusual Character Names
 
I combined these two to create of list of
 
Unusual Character Names I Love
 
1057636513335037116254325668315710557
24768247706487308173144307263429
 
1. Liam, The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. Maybe I just love him, but the name fits and I am reminded how much I love it every time I read the series.

2. Tris, Divergent by Veronica Roth. I love this nickname. I kept hearing Tris before I read the book and then the main character was Beatrice and I thought it was a cool nickname.

3. Zafrina, Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer. Maybe I just like her  and her powers, but I think it’s an interesting and beautiful name.

4. Clary, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I like the way this rolls of my tongue. It’s neither Claire nor Clarice. =)

5. Jace, City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. I really like this name for some reason.

6. Fear, Some Quiet Place by Kelsey Sutton. This shouldn’t count, because he’s actually the emotion Fear, but I just love him, so here he is on this list. =)

7. Zane, Pretties by Scott Westerfeld. It’s a strange name that conjures up various images in my head.

8. Tally, Uglies by Scott Westerfeld. I don’t know that I love or hate this name. It’s so weird, but it works, somehow.

9. Cam, Fallen by Lauren Kate. Also, Wait for You by J. Lynn Armentrout. I never ever think about this name, but I just love it. It’s so perfect.

10. Ren, Wolfsbane by Andrea Cremer. Maybe I’m weird, but I love how it’s in between Wren and Rend, which is like being sweet and fragile, but also violent and strong. I just like the name.

What about you?

Labels: