Top Ten Best/Worst Series Enders
1. Awakened Gods (Lunangelique #3) by Kristin R. Campbell. The ending to such an awesome series was SO AMAZING. Some friends have said what they would have otherwise categorized as just okay or good turned into GREAT because of the ending.
2. Mockingjay (The Hunger Games #3) by Suzanne Collins. Perhaps I’m just less interested in arena action and more interested in the world, dystopian, resistance, and those types of aspects because I thought Mockingjay was the best book in the trilogy.
3. Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy #6) by Richelle Mead. This series started off (imo) terribly. But it grew SO much and got a lot better with each book. I loved the last book and the conclusions.
4. Rapture (Fallen #4) by Lauren Kate. By the time I got to this point, I was ready to put the series down. I certainly didn’t take it seriously after book 2. But Rapture was amazing. I loved the plot twists and I love how Luce stopped being an idiot. It’s definitely the BEST book in the series.
1. Breaking Dawn (Twilight Saga #4) by Stephenie Meyer. Ugh. I really thought Bella should have died. She was being so dumb about the whole thing, but of course, it turned into this awesome miracle and then Jacob imprinted and it was all one big happy family. I suppose I’m just not a fan of having-the-baby-will-fix-everything kind of plot lines. I loved the last half with all the cool vampires, but the baby and the imprinting? Ugh. Too neat, too much, too.. just too much.
2. Bloodrose (Nightshade #3) by Andrea Cremer. Sigh. I just really really hated the ending. I can’t stand Shay. And wtf is up with the ending? I mean, what? I love the series, but it certainly didn’t go out with a bang.
There are a ton of series I enjoyed that have ended, but I liked a beginning or middle book more than the very last one. It doesn’t make the last book bad, just not the best. But most of the series I’ve enjoyed aren’t finished or I haven’t finished them yet. I’m shocked at how many series I’m actually waiting for the next books for! I didn’t realize it until I was trying to put together this TTT!
Labels: Top Ten Tuesday