Review–A Blaze of Sun (A Shade of Vampire #5) by Bella Forrest

18191814
 
A Blaze of Sun (A Shade of Vampire #5)
 
by Bella Forrest
 
Summary: "Of course you know who I am. I'm a daughter of the darkness just as surely as you are his son…"

Ever since his brief encounter with Emilia at The Shade, Derek's thoughts and dreams have been haunted with images of the mysterious, beautiful brunette. Plagued with guilt, he struggles to understand why he is so drawn to this dark stranger from his past.

When Emilia suddenly appears again on the island, Derek is both terrified and intrigued. But this time, he is determined to involve Sofia and discover who this woman is.

If only Derek and Sofia knew, Emilia is a mystery that should be left undiscovered…


Release Date: October 28, 2013!

Genre: YA Paranormal Romance

Where to Buy: Amazon

Add to Goodreads

Source: I received an ARC from the author in exchange for honest review.

Review:

A Blaze of Sun was yet another amazing addition to the Shade of Vampire series I love so much. The book began where the last one ended. Everyone was back at the Shade learning to deal with one another. Derek and Sofia were back together, ruling the Shade and desperately hoping to keep it protected and trying to find the cure.

Like I’ve said in other reviews for this series, it’s so difficult to predict how it will all work out. I’m just as stunned and surprised as the characters are and the solutions are never obvious. The added points of view in each book give me a ton of perspective and I learn what motivates some of the other characters. I’m always hooked to the story, unable to put it down, and my head always reels with the various possibilities and outcomes!

I won’t spoil any of the plot, but the woman we all met in A Shadow Of Light made a return and served to make things incredibly difficult between Derek and Sofia, as we all kind of figured she would. (But before anyone freaks out, have a little faith in Derek!) And of course, with the addition of Aiden and Ingrid at the Shade, things got pretty interesting. Kyle, the vampire who turned Ashley, got a viewpoint in A Blaze of Sun and I loved seeing Anna through his eyes. Anna began to work with Corrine to help her regain some of her former self and both Kyle and Ian protected her, even though there was some obvious tension between of the two of them. Sofia and Derek are my favorite couple, but I really enjoyed watching some other side plots and side romances in the series.

Some parts of A Blaze of Sun were absolutely agonizing to read. I think I read parts of the book screaming “NO NO NO! This can’t be happening!” inside of my head. Not to worry, though, because I read other parts screaming “OMG! Omg! Yes, this is totally happening!” I couldn’t put it down and I needed resolutions when I was reading, so I couldn’t just put the book down after a chapter when so much was hanging in the balance. While some of the book was heart breaking, other parts were absolutely incredible. I think other Shaddicts and fans will love the events and be just as excited and surprised and floored by them! It was the most amazing roller coaster of emotions.

As always, I’m hooked to the series and I am impatiently waiting on the next book. I absolutely love this series and I am convinced more than ever that it would make a fabulous TV show, so someone should get on that ASAP! =) Each book in this series gets better and better. I’m hopelessly addicted and invested in the story. It’s a must read for any fan of paranormal romance (YA or not) and fans of vampires.

5%2520star

Follow Bella Forrest on Twitter: @AShadeofVampire

Check out the website

Follow the series on Facebook

Want to know when the next books are released? Sign up for the VIP mailing list!

#Shaddict

Labels: , , ,