Catching Up! Booking Through Thursday - Imagery

btt2
 
hosted by Booking Through Thursday
 
from Sept 12:
 
How much do you visualize when you read?
Do you imagine faces for the characters?
Can you see the locations in your mind’s eye?
Or do you just plunge ahead with the story, letting the imagery fall to the wayside?
 
I always visualize when I read. I have a picture of everything and I see it happening like I’m watching a movie. I was just telling someone the other day that when I read, I feel like I’m in the matrix, where my body is laying there completely empty and my brain inserts itself into the alternate reality. I can see and touch and feel everything!

But the weird thing is that I fill in descriptions or change things I don’t like. For example, Bella in Twilight drives an old RED truck. In my head, it’s cream colored because I had a model of the same truck in cream color and that’s what I WANT it to be. I just do that. All of the time. Other times, like with people, I see their eyes, their expressions, and their hair color, but I can’t always zoom out and see the entire person. And if I do, it’s not always the correct image. It’s really weird. Like, I know what they look like, but at the same time, I don’t. Like how you have a really vivid dream, but you can’t always remember exact details.

What about you?

Labels: