Review–The Petrosian Invitation by T.P. Keating

41fc41c8rwL__BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-60,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_
 
The Petrosian Invitation
 
by T.P. Keating
 
Summary: Oleg Petrosian, the self-made Russian Billionaire, wonders when his un-beating heart will experience a glimmer of love. On a business trip to London, to seal a gas deal, he meets Sam Latham, the chef at a swanky restaurant in South Kensington. After she caters for a business meeting at his nearby home, his private Learjet (flown by his cosmonaut sister) whisks Oleg, Sam and her younger actress sister to Oleg's cliff top home in Russia's Anapa, a health resort on the Black Sea. But can their fledgling romance survive Oleg's deep, dark secret?

Genre: British Vampire Romance

Release Date: June 2013

Where to Buy: Amazon

Source: I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Review:

The Petrosian Invitiation had an intriguing synopsis, which is what ultimately made me decide to read it. I highly dislike the cover, but I think sometimes it’s a good idea to give a book that sounds interesting a shot. I’m glad I did, because The Petrosian Invitation was fun, simple, and entertaining. It was not at all like I expected.

I liked Oleg right away and felt like I was understanding who he was as a person. I felt the same way about Sam, too. These two characters were immediately likable and I wanted them together because they were so adorable. I liked both of their younger siblings and thought they added a bit more character to the story.

The writing drew me in immediately. It was an elegant sort of style that I found charming. Some of the dialogue and jokes went a little over my head since I’m not British, but I still enjoyed it. I only found a few mistakes, but nothing that pulled me out of the writing or showed a severe lack of editing.

The Petrosian Invitation with short, simple, and adorable. Oleg was a vampire, but I didn’t feel like that was all that important to the story. It was important, but not in the way I was expecting. The book wasn’t full of blood and darkness and the same old vampire romance conflict I’m used to. I wished there was a bit more conflict and that the characters weren’t always so polite, though. The book itself is pretty good, though slightly too short and forgettable. I do think a better cover and a more “put together” outward appearance would help it tremendously and make it a little less forgettable.

I would recommend it to anyone looking for a light, slightly humorous, short, and sweet vampire romance. Anyone who enjoys the more civilized vampires who are proper and elegant will probably love the book.

3%2520star

Labels: ,