Review–In Time (The Darkest Minds #1.5) by Alexandra Bracken

18052136
 
In Time (The Darkest Minds #1.5)
 
by Alexandra Bracken
 
Summary: Gabe’s life has been devastated in the wake of the economic crash. The only option left for someone like him to escape his tragic past is to leave his small town behind and to attempt to become a skip tracer. This already almost impossible task is made all the more difficult by his first score, a young girl who won’t speak, but who changes his life in ways he could never imagine.

Genre: YA Dystopian

Release Date: July 16, 2013

Add to Goodreads

Where to Buy: Amazon . Barnes and Noble

Source: I purchased a the novella for Kindle

Review:

I love The Darkest Minds. It was one of my top dystopian books I read in 2012. I knew I wanted to read the novella, In Time, because I love the setting and I was open to the idea of a new point of view and side plot. I’m not typically a fan of novellas, but they seem to grow on me, especially when they are a part of a series I absolutely adore.

I didn’t expect to like Gabe very much or care about his story, but by the end of the novella, I loved him and his point of view. The author has an amazing ability to create characters that speak to me and completely light up a story. I don’t know how she does it! In Time was also a suspenseful read because the young girl who won’t speak is someone I was very familiar with from The Darkest Minds and someone I cared about a lot. I was so worried about her well being the entire time.

I highly recommend In Time. While it’s a side plot from Gabe’s point of view, it contained a lot of relevant information that I think will matter later in the series and helped give me some idea of the connections between characters. It is one of those novellas that you can technically skip, but I would advise against it. After all, experiences shape people and give us a better idea and understanding of who they are. Reading the novella is also a great way to get your fix while waiting on the next book in the series to come out!

5%2520star

 

Other books in The Darkest Minds series:

 

10576365
 
The Darkest Minds (The Darkest Minds #1)
 
 Goodreads . Amazon . Barnes and Noble
 
16150830
 
Never Fade (The Darkest Minds #2)
 
Release Date: October 15, 2013
 
Goodreads . Amazon Pre Order . Barnes and Noble Pre Order

Labels: , , , ,