Feature and Follow Friday–Book Spine Poetry

FF_2013Button
 
hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read
 
Activity:
 
Spine Poetry!
 
Create a line of poetry with your book spines (take a picture). Not feeling creative? Tell us about your favorite poem.
 
 
I’ve been wanting to do this for ages, but I never actually tried it. This week’s activity gave me the perfect excuse!

DSCN8280
 
The children of men
wither
‘til the world ends.
The darkest minds
speak
poison.
Things fall apart.
Paradise lost.

I did a second poem because all of my book spine poetry attempts were violent and dark like the first one. I made about 4 more poems, but they all had the same overall the-world-is-ending theme. Some had a little more fire and burns, though, but I didn’t have enough verbs to make it really work as well as I wanted.

I attempted to make one a little more lovely and peaceful:

DSCN8281
 
 
Unwind
into the wild
where the sidewalk ends.
Sunshine.
The wind in the willows.
The juniper tree.
Many waters.

I’m so excited to see how everyone else’s book spine poetry turned out! I had so much fun doing this and I found I was sad that so many of my really awesome titles were on my Kindle.

Follow me any way and let me know in the comments and I will follow you back.

Labels: , ,