Musing Mondays–Childhood Favorites

musingmondays4
 
hosted by Should Be Reading
 
Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…

• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!
 
 
 
I had to get a second bookshelf the other day because I was running out of space and I wanted a place to put my Blu-ray disks, too, instead of buying an ugly DVD rack.

I recently moved to a new state because my husband is in the military. My stepdad is also in the military, so I currently live close to my mom and stepdad. My mom has kept a ton of books over the years that were mine from childhood. I decided since I acquired extra space that I was going to sift through some of the boxes and grab books that I’ve been missing, like my classics from AP English senior year.

Now, I’ve had A Wrinkle In Time on my shelf for ages because I knew it was a childhood favorite. What I didn’t realize was just how much I loved Madeleine L’Engle. I have about 10 books from her!


 madlengle


It’s one of those things where I knew I loved to read as a kid and I knew A Wrinkle In Time was a childhood favorite, I just didn’t realize how much I loved the author. I also didn’t realize just how much I read as a kid until I started sifting through books. I think it’s awesome. The best part about having all of these books back is being able to see how well loved and read they look.

What were some of your favorite books as a kid?

 

Labels: