Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...
But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread
I’m so embarrassed to say that I haven’t done anything with any of these books other than admire them on my bookshelf and maybe pick them up and say, “Soon” like a lunatic.
1. Delirium (and Pandemonium and Requiem) by Lauren Oliver. I want to read the series and I love it just by what I’ve heard, the synopsis, and the first paragraph, but other books seem to get in the way.
2. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. The buzz about Clockwork Princess must have gotten to me because I just had to have this book and I haven’t even really looked at it. I just know I don’t have time.
3. Wither by Lauren DeStefano. A $5 Barnes and Noble gift card was burning a hole in my pocket. The buzz about Sever was going strong and I already love the author because of following her on Twitter, so I just had to buy it.
4. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare. All the awesome things I say about The Mortal Instruments series and I haven’t read beyond book #3. How crazy am I? And I’ve owned book #4 and #5 since I bought #3, so what’s my excuse?
5. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater. Seriously, I jumped up and down like a crazy person when I saw this on sale for Kindle. And have I read it, yet? No. What is wrong with me?
6. The Secret of Ella and Micha by Jessica Sorensen. I finished The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden and before I even wrote my review, I clicked Buy Now with 1-Click on Amazon. I just haven’t made time for it, yet.
7. Mythology by Helen Boswell. My friend Alice has been on my case about reading this awesome book, so I bought it. And I just haven’t gotten around to reading it.
8. ‘Til the World Ends by Julie Kagawa. I bought this book on release day because I added it to Goodreads months before and whenever a book releases on your to-read shelf, Goodreads emails you. And it’s a wonderful marketing tactic because I’ve bought the book 100% of the time. I am going to start that as soon as I can so I can reread The Immortal Rules and then start The Eternity Cure.
9. Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I was so happy when I saw the entire series was on sale because I bought all of the books for Kindle. I read book #1 through my library, but the rest of the series was unavailable. I attempted a reread of book #1 before seeing the movie a second time with the intent to continue reading the series but deadlines got in the way.. again!
10. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. This book came highly recommended by one of my favorite indie authors. I finally got my hands on a copy and it’s been sitting on my TBR shelf longer than the rest of the books.
There are seriously like 30 TBR shelf books I could put on this list. I’m becoming deranged, I swear. A little over a year into book blogging and already I finally understand this whole Mount TBR problem. It’s crazy how I have read a lot more books recently, yet I somehow haven’t read so many of my purchases.
And just making this list makes me want to read these books so badly! I’ve done well these past few weeks with denying requests and not buying any more books and my next step is to stop requesting more books from NetGalley. Once I’m moved, I want to have some more reading time to get through the amazing books I own.
What books did you just HAVE to buy, but haven't made time to read, yet?
Labels: blog meme, Top Ten Tuesday