Top Ten Tuesday–Favorite Characters from YA Dystopian Novels

TTT3W

hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
 
This week’s topic is Top Ten Favorite Characters In X Genre. I chose to do my  
Top Ten Favorite Characters in YA Dystopian Fiction
 I’m only picking from YA, not all dystopian novels and I’m not including post-apocalyptic novels that are sort of dystopian in nature. Basically, I’m making this list as easy as possible! I have so much YA dystopian on my TBR shelf that I haven’t read yet, which makes this even easier.  1. Tris from Divergent by Veronica Roth. She might be my favorite heroine of all time because I respect her so much.  2. Four from Divergent by Veronica Roth. I love that Four is tough, yet gentle. He’s fierce, driven, and absolutely awesome.  3. Ky from Matched by Ally Condie. His love of words and poetry and hope melted my heart. He’s tough, but sensitive in a way that I adore.  4. The Giver from The Giver by Lois Lowry. The Giver is one of the most interesting characters I’ve ever met, especially considering he’s from a society that knows and remembers nothing. I loved watching him pass along his knowledge to Jonas.  5. Gale from The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. I know Katniss and Peeta typically steal the show, but even though Gale went a little extreme in Mockingjay, I respected him and felt like I understood his need to stand for something more.  6. Warner from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. What can I say about my favorite villian and possibly love interest. He went from being a terrible psychopath in my eyes to the one I’m rooting for and I’m not even sure how it happened.  7. Carter from Unwind by Neal Shusterman. I couldn’t decide who I liked more: Carter or Risa from Unwind. I think I like them both together as a team because of the way they balance each other out, but I kind of respect Carter a bit more, so I chose him.  8. Liam from The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. I love this guy. He’s quirky, funny, intelligent… and totally charismatic. I loved him from the moment I met him in his crazy van with the people he would do anything for.  9. Kenji from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I have a soft spot for sarcastic and hilarious people. How can you not love Kenji?!  10. Mel from The Farm by Emily McKay. I love the various chapters written from Mel’s point of view and how she sees the world a different way than anyone else and listens to the “music” of people to help her find her way.
 

Labels: ,