Review–Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy #5) by Richelle Mead

6479259
 
Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy #5)
 
by Richelle Mead
 
Summary: Dimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong...
After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri's birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir's-and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can't wait for their real lives beyond the Academy's iron gates to begin. But Rose's heart still aches for Dimitri, and she knows he's out there, somewhere.
She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true. Dimitri has tasted her blood, and now he is hunting her. And this time he won't rest until Rose joins him... forever.


Source: I borrowed a copy of this book for Kindle from my local library.

Review:

5%2520star

Blood Promise, Book 4 of the Vampire Academy series, was the book that really got me invested in the series and I couldn't imagine the series getting even better. But Spirit Bound was even more incredible and has turned a great series in my opinion into a definite favorite and a must read. Blood Promise got me to understand why the series was so popular, but Spirit Bound made me truly fall in love with Vampire Academy.

Spirit Bound tore my heart in a million different directions. It was so heart wrenching! I felt so connected to Rose's character, I huffed in frustration many times for her sake and had this urge to cry or scream for her. It is a rare thing that a series really gets me to react like this. The depth of emotion and complication in Rose's life is beyond anything I could have imagined when I first started the series. And just when I think the stakes can't be any higher, somehow, they are. 

I can't give any of the plot away because I feel like it is all one big spoiler for those who haven't read it or read any of the books. So much happened in this book and most of it took my by surprise. I loved seeing Rose grow even more as a person and I felt like I connected with Lissa a lot more in this book than previous books. I loved getting a better look at guardian and Moroi life after graduation and the politics of it all. Dimitri made another comeback in Spirit Bound, which twisted my emotions even worse than it did Blood Promise, which I would have never thought was possible! And Adrian... I felt like his character was explored a lot more in this book, too. I can't even talk about either of them!

Before I started Spirit Bound, I was happy there were only 2 more books to read in the series because I was happy to complete a series. But now, with only one more book left, I'm so devastated that the journey is almost over and I almost don't want to read the next book yet. Or maybe I just want to read it slowly, even though that's rarely possible for me. I just don't want it to be over. And I never thought I'd say that about this series!

Vampire Academy is a wonderful series. I highly recommend it and I urge everyone to continue the series after the first couple of books. I can't even coherently explain how much better it gets from book 1, but it does. So much. I have so many feels. I’m normally able to sort of describe the plot and what I loved about it, but I don’t have the words to really capture the full spectrum of emotions I felt while reading Spirit Bound and I can’t say much other than it’s a MUST read book.





Labels: , ,