Review–Reached (Matched #3) by Ally Condie

Reached
 
Reached (Matched #3)
by Ally Condie
 
Summary: After leaving Society to desperately seek The Rising, and each other, Cassia and Ky have found what they were looking for, but at the cost of losing each other yet again. Cassia is assigned undercover in Central city, Ky outside the borders, an airship pilot with Indie. Xander is a medic, with a secret. All too soon, everything shifts again.

Source: I purchased a hardcover copy of this book.

Review:
5%2520star

I love the Matched Trilogy. Reached was an amazing finale to the trilogy and perhaps my favorite, which is really saying something because I thought nothing could top Matched. There is a poetry to the series that I have fallen in love with. It’s a beautifully written story. The way it is written sets it apart from other books and that is my absolute favorite thing about the trilogy.

The plot in Reached was pretty action packed for the series, though it’s also slow at the same time due to the way that it is written. It was a nice pace and a lot happened as far as the fates of the characters and the Society and Rising. Matched was written from Cassia’s point of view, Crossed added Ky’s point of view, and Reached added Xander’s point of view. I enjoyed reading all of the points of view, especially Xander’s, as I’ve never really gotten to know his character.

I hate to give anything about the book away because the synopsis is pretty vague and I like it that way. So much happens regarding the Rising and the Society and the Pilot and all of the characters grow in their own separate ways. I always thought the characters had a naivety to them, with the possible exception of Ky, and the events in Reached really showed the growth and maturing of Cassia, Ky, and Xander that I never expected.

While I enjoyed the second book in the trilogy, many reviews complained about the lack of action in it and Reached really made up for it. All of the small bits and pieces given to us throughout the series, especially the vague bits involving the rebellion in the poems, are built upon tremendously in Reached and were concluded, as well.

Reached was an epic finale, a book that really made the trilogy go out with a bang. I’m so sad that the series is over, but Reached was such a good final book, I have zero complaints. It couldn’t have been any better! I highly recommend this series and I urge those disappointed by Crossed to read Reached because it was absolutely wonderful.

"For a few long moments, none of us speak. When things like this happen --when what was meant to help results in harm, when a salve brings pain instead of healing-- it is clear how wrong even choices intended to be right can become." Reached (The Matched Trilogy #3) by Ally Condie

"Writing, painting, singing-- it cannot stop everything. Cannot halt death in its tracks. But perhaps it can make the pause between death's footsteps sound and look and feel beautiful, can make the space of waiting a place where you can linger without as much fear. For we are all walking each other to our deaths, and the journey there between footsteps makes up our lives." Reached (Matched Trilogy #3) by Ally Condie
 


Labels: , , ,