Musing Mondays–Reading Now

musingmondays4

hosted by Should Be Reading

Musing Mondays asks you to muse about one of the following each week…

• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.

7171856

Right now, I’m reading The Puppet Masters by Robert Heinlein. I’m about halfway through and I’m thinking it’s okay. The premise is really interesting, but the writing kind of sucks. I don’t think it’s supposed to wow me on any literary level, but I still think it should be better. I chose to read it because my husband finally saw the trailers for The Host and thought it looked like another rip off of the premise of The Puppet Masters. In order to defend The Host for being rather unique, I figured I’d read The Puppet Masters and see how far the similarities go. So far, it’s more different than similar! I’m enjoying the read, but I wish it was better written. It reminds me of old detective shows with bad acting.

Labels: