Feature and Follow Friday–Waking Up In A Book

FF_2012

Hosted by Parajunkee's View and Alison Can Read

Featured blogs: Consuming Worlds and Take Me Away

Q: What is the first thing you would do if you woke up to find yourself in your favorite book? via @GizmosReviews

I don’t have a favorite book, but a handful of favorites. Most of them are dystopias. The first thing I would do is freak out. And not in a happy OMG-I’m-in-my-favorite-world way. In a OMG-how-the-F-am-I-supposed-to-get-home-this-is-my-worst-nightmare kind of way. I love books, but the one thing I learned from the Inkheart series by Cornelia Funke is that it’s not all that awesome when the villains of your favorite story come to life.

A few people I know read to escape and when books are dark or horrifying or suffocating, they are not (as) into it. The mentality of those people is that life is horrible enough, they just want to read something nice. I think my read-for-escape plan is the complete opposite. I love my life and it’s really quite perfect, so I don’t mind and I enjoy reading the not-so-nice things literature has to offer. Which is precisely why the books I love the most would be the WRONG books to wake up inside of.

(The second thing I would do is hope that somehow, my husband will figure out where I am and find a way from the real world to get me home, while I try to find a way to get home otherwise. In this case, I hope I would end up in a magical world of some sort to make my trip home easier. I would be so heartbroken if I was away from my husband with no end in sight and no way to get home. It really would be my worst nightmare.)

What would you do?

Labels: , ,