Booking Through Thursday–Winter

btt2

hosted by Booking Through Thursday

This week’s question:

It’s the depth of winter here where I live right now … what books do you like to read when it’s snowy and white? What books do you read to evoke a real feeling of winter (good or bad)?

Since I live in Georgia right now, snow isn’t something that happens often. Snow would be abnormal. It was actually 70 degrees last week. Which is also weird for January. But my point is that my winters are pretty much like every other season except slightly colder. I’ve lived south of Pennsylvania in various places virtually my entire life, so I’m not used snowy winter days as the norm. So if I’m reading a wintery book, I’m kind of unable to relate. It has snowed in places I’ve lived, though typically not until late January to mid February, which is why wintery and snowy Christmas stories are even more weird for me. I don’t think I’ve ever seen snow on Christmas day. At least not that I can remember.

the tragedy paper

I really enjoyed The Tragedy Paper by Elizabeth Laban this winter, though. The cover was gorgeous and the characters built an igloo out in the snow and for a second, I was envious.

Labels: ,