Booking Through Thursday–Soundtrack

btt2
 
hosted by Booking Through Thursday
 
Do you ever try to pair music with the book you’re reading? Play the movie soundtrack while reading the original book? Find mood music that fits with your story?
 
Fun fact about me: When I read, I am able to tune out sound. In fact, when I’m doing anything, I can tune out any noise. I can’t listen to audiobooks because even if I’m trying really hard to listen, I tune it out. I’m terrible. Definitely not an auditory learner.  So even if I was clever enough to pair a book with it’s movie soundtrack, which sounds like a fun idea, I wouldn’t even hear the music. I was reading a book the other day with music blaring and my husband was running all sorts of loud tools and talking to his friend and it wasn’t until he asked me how on earth I could be reading with all this racket that I realized it was even loud. It’s amazing that I can talk to people on the phone without completely spacing out. So no, I don’t ever pair music with reading, as it would be a waste of effort. I do think about songs later when I’m not reading that would go well with certain scenes, though. So there’s that

Labels: ,