Booking Through Thursday–Resolved

btt2

hosted by Booking Through Thursday

This week’s question:

Any reading resolutions for the new year? Reading more? (Reading less?) Reading better books? Bigger books? More series? More relaxing books?

And hey, feel free to talk about any other resolutions you might have, too … or why you choose NOT to have any.

I don’t have any resolutions, but I do want to try not checking out as many books from the library and dedicating more time to read books I’ve purchased or downloaded. I usually put them on the back burner and focus on requests and library books and any book that comes with a deadline attached and I want to change that this year.

I usually don’t make any resolutions because I don’t wait for new years or new beginnings to change something I don’t like. If I waited for the new year to quit smoking, I wouldn’t be a nonsmoker right now with over 3 months of not smoking behind me. I quit smoking at night on a random Friday at the end of a month. I didn’t wait for a new day or a new week or a new month to do what I wanted to do. I think some reflection is always great and there is nothing wrong with making resolutions, it’s just not something I tend to do all the time.