Top Ten Tuesday–Best Books I Read in 2012

toptentuesday2

hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten Books I’ve Read This Year (so far)

It’s really difficult to pick just 10 books out of the amazing books I’ve read this year. I sort of cheated by picking some series that I started reading this year. But even these 10 choices were difficult. I was lucky enough to read some really amazing books this year.

City of Bones15829963777732

1. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I was introduced to this series and just had to buy all of the books this year. I read the first three and couldn’t get enough.

The TakerThe Reckoning

2. The Taker trilogy by Alma Katsu. I read books 1 and 2 of this supernatural series and fell in love.

The Darkest Minds

3. The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken. Perhaps one of the best dystopians I’ve read.

Matched

4. Matched by Ally Condie. I loved how the world reminded me of The Giver and the poems stayed with me. I can’t wait to read the rest of the series.

The Raven Boys

5. The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. I’d never read any of her books and I fell in love with her writing this year.

13512392

6. The Immortal Rules by Julie Kagawa. Such a well written post-apocalyptic vampire story. I read just about everything Julie Kagawa after I picked this book up!

LunangeliqueSleeping Gods

7. Lunangelique series by Kristin R. Campbell. This was an author request and I loved the story so much, I had to read book two immediately and I’m impatiently waiting on book three. It’s a wonderful series.

Looking for Alaska

8. Looking for Alaska by John Green. I read a couple of John Green books this year, but this one was my favorite.

Before I fall

9. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. I was blown away by how much this book hit me emotionally. It was incredibly well written and interesting and one of my favorite contemporary YA books I’ve read.

5759

10. Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk. I fell in love with the writing in this book.