Review–Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2) by Andrea Cremer

Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane (Nightshade #2)

by Andrea Cremer

Summary: This thrilling sequel to the much-talked-about Nightshade begins just where it ended. Calla Tor wakes up in the lair of the Searchers, her sworn enemy, and she's certain her days are numbered.
But then the Searchers make her an offer,one that gives her the chance to destroy her former masters and save the pack and the man she left behind. Is Ren worth the price of her freedom? And will Shay stand by her side no matter what? Now in control of her own destiny, Calla must decide which battles are worth fighting and how many trials true love can endure and still survive.

Review:4%2520star

I enjoyed Wolfsbane quite a bit, even more so than Nightshade. My biggest complaint about Nightshade was all of the focus on romance. It was a bit unbelievable when so much was happening with the plot that the characters would put all of their concerns on the back burner to explore their feelings for each other. Wolfsbane was definitely better as far as Calla being more focused on the matters at hand and the plot was just as interesting and full of twists.

Getting to know the “enemies” in Wolfsbane was entertaining and interesting. In the same way that I fell in love with the pack members in Nightshade, I really liked the depth and various personalities of the Searchers in book two. The author clearly has a talent for character development. I thought Calla’s character grew a lot in Wolfsbane and she started to take things a little more seriously, especially considering her life was turned upside down. I’m still not the biggest fan of Shay, though.

I won’t give any of the plot away, but Wolfsbane picked up where Nightshade ended and the plot is every bit as interesting, probably more so because of the importance of each decision that Calla has to make. I learned so much about the history of Keepers, Guardians, and Searchers. I both love and hate the way it ended and I can’t wait to get my hands on book three!

Labels: