Review–Eternal Hope (The Hope Series #2) by Frankie Rose

15741338

Eternal Hope (The Hope Series #2)

by Frankie Rose

Summary: He loves me, he loves me not, he loves me
When your friends go missing and you don’t know if they’re dead or alive; when you tie your soul to the one you love; when you kill to protect and your family suffers, there’s only one thing you can do:
Move to Montana.
Farley Hope is special. She was prophesied to kill the forebears of her bloodline- a race of cold-blooded Reavers, men who steal the souls of the living to gain power. The Quorum had counted on Farley ending her own life in the process, but when Kayden came to her aid and helped save both her and Daniel, he undid their plans. Now the Quorum are displeased, not only with Kayden, but with Farley and Daniel too. Though her father is now dead, Farley’s troubles with the Reavers are far from over. An ancient Immortal, trapped for a thousand years, wants Farley for himself, and he will stop at nothing to claim her.
With secrets that lead to anger and pain, that turn friendship to dust, the group must overcome the problems within their own circle before they have a hope of fighting off the powers that threaten their lives.

Review:

4%2520star

Eternal Hope was an action packed sequel to Sovereign Hope. It picks up where Sovereign Hope ended. The conflicts surrounded Farley were multiplied in this book and complications surrounding the people in her group only added to the overall conflict.

I love Farley’s character and she definitely didn’t disappoint me in this book. She’s tough and insecure, a combination I find to be realistic and refreshing. She’s not overly tough and somehow amazing at everything, nor is she overly weak and second guessing her every move. She’s right in the middle, bracing herself for the challenges ahead. She’s the kind of character I feel I could be friends with and I love that. I love Daniel’s character, too. In the first book, he was really strange and hard to crack open for the majority of the story and it took him awhile to really admit to himself that he was falling for Farley. In this book, it’s all out in the open and there’s no conflict regarding the fact that they are together, which I liked. I enjoyed watching the two of them learn how to be together and how to work together as a couple and how to steal moments in the midst of a crisis. It’s like book one was building up to a relationship and book two is building a relationship foundation between the two of them. Different, but totally enjoyable. The rest of the characters, both old and new, were great. I loved being introduced to some of the new characters and I liked seeing how the old characters changed. There was a lot more depth to Kayden’s character, too. There were some people I wished hadn’t changed so much and others that I couldn’t stand from the beginning, but they all had their own dynamics and felt realistic and well developed.

What I loved the most about Sovereign Hope was the unique plot, which became complex and even more interesting in Eternal Hope. All of the characters grew as the events changed them and there were consequences to earlier decisions. I have read too many paranormal books that create a separate plot in sequels that barely connect to the first and I loved that the plot in Eternal Hope was a mixture of the evolution of events and consequences of decisions made while figuring out how to escape the conflicts in book one.

Eternal Hope was just as good as or even better than Sovereign Hope and I will definitely continue to series. The author does a wonderful job of crafting a good story. The plot and the characters are complex and ever changing and I also love the way she writes. I definitely recommend this book/series to people looking for a unique paranormal romance with great characters. It’s a bit more mature than a lot of YA since Farley is 18, but it’s also not an adult paranormal romance, either.

Labels: