Musing Mondays–Recent Purchases

musingmondays4

hosted by Should Be Reading

This week’s musing asks…

What is the most recent book you purchased, or brought home from the local library? What made you pick it? Have you started reading it, right away, or will you wait for a bit?

I recently purchased books 3-5 of The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. I’m currently reading book 3. I started it the day it came in the mail because I couldn’t wait to continue reading. It has become my new obsession. I still have a shelf full of books I’ve bought months ago and haven’t read yet, but sometimes a series takes precedent over owned books! My friend, Alice, recommended the series to me and I purchased the first book a few months back. I waited awhile to start it, but the next thing I knew, I was hooked.

Two books became available through the library via Kindle yesterday, but I haven’t downloaded either of them, yet. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins and Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. I’ll probably get started on those as soon as I finish City of Glass (book 3 of The Mortal Instruments series). I picked both of those due to recommendations from friends and other book bloggers. I hope I enjoy them both.