hosted by: The Broke and the Bookish
Top Ten Favorite Kick-Ass Heroines
1. Katniss from The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins. She’s strong, can survive on her own, takes care of her family, and fights the government.
2. Six from the Lorien Legacies series by Pittacus Lore. She’s in total control of her powers and is an amazing fighter.
3. Red from Wanted: Dead or Undead by Angela Scott. She shoots zombies in the head without question and washes the grime off of her at the end of the day. I appreciate a zombie killing chick.
4. Lanore from The Taker trilogy by Alma Katsu. Not only was she strong enough to survive Adair, she had the guts to do something about his reign over her. Where she was weakest, she still did what needed to be done. She’s definitely one of the strongest chicks I’ve met in literature!
5. Kiera from The Violet Fox series by Clare C. Marshall. She reminded me a lot of Katniss mixed with Robin Hood. She did what she thought was right for her people without fear.
6. Allie from The Immortal Rules (Blood of Eden series) by Julie Kagawa. She had no fear and was willing to whatever it took to survive. Even when she became the thing she hated most.
7. Arya Stark from A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin. No matter what she goes through or where she ends up, she’s still as strong as ever. She’s my favorite character in the series.
8. Lisbeth from The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo series by Stieg Larsson. Extremely intelligent, tough, talented… and she’s overcome some of the most terrible things. I loved her character.
9. Clary from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare. She’s sort of thrown into this new life and manages to handle it well. Plus, she’s got abilities no one knew she had and she still puts her friends and family first.
10. Sookie from The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. To go through the sort of crazy events that Sookie has been through and still be bubbly and outgoing and willing to speak to anyone supernatural is amazing to me. While she may not totally kick ass since she’s usually the weakest person fighting, she is extremely strong to be able to survive it all psychologically.
I’m hoping I’m not missing anyone, I have tried to pick the ones that come to mind first. =)