Review–The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa

10249102

The Iron Queen (The Iron Fey #3)

by Julie Kagawa

Summary: My name is Meghan Chase. I thought it was over. That my time with the fey, the impossible choices I had to make, the sacrifices of those I loved, was behind me. But a storm is approaching, an army of Iron fey that will drag me back, kicking and screaming. Drag me away from the banished prince who's sworn to stand by my side. Drag me into the core of conflict so powerful, I'm not sure anyone can survive it. This time, there will be no turning back.

Review:

 4%2520star

This was another great book in the Iron Fey series. I thought it was a vast improvement from book two and more on par with the first book. While there was more love triangle drama, I felt as if Meghan regained her brain cells and the stakes were too high to spend all of her time thinking about Ash or Puck and being annoying.

The first book in the series was unpredictable because of all the newness of the world and characters and stories. The second book was much more predictable because I figured Meghan would follow the same plot line as before and she did. This book was less predictable because I honestly had no idea what was going to happen to her or the new Iron King or the world Faery or Ash or Puck or anyone else. There was so much at stake and it was not quite so easy for her to defeat the Iron King as she had in previous books. I felt like Meghan showed signs of growth as a character as the weight of the world sort of fell on her shoulders and the lives of everyone she cared about hung in the balance.

As far as the love triangle goes, it was less annoying and mildly entertaining in book three. I found I couldn’t really pick a side. In book 1, I was all about rooting for Ash and in book 2, I was all about rooting for Puck. In this book, I liked them both a lot. The overall mood between Ash, Meghan, and Puck kind of changed and grew in this installment, too. I still think Puck is my favorite, which is funny considering how much I hated his character in the first book.

Yet again, the ending was sort of heart wrenching and I don’t really believe it is the way things will stay for very long. This is one of those series that I am glad I stumbled upon later rather than sooner because of the endings! I’m glad I know the next book is out there waiting for me. I can’t wait to pick it up and continue the journey with the characters. I love the way Kagawa writes and I feel the emotions of the characters so strongly. I’m definitely glad Meghan improved as a character in this book, too.

I would definitely recommend this book to others. The Iron Fey series is wonderful!